By Marina Aagaard, MFE
Today I was reminded by a new blog friend, that some (many?) think of the fitness center as ‘a modern centre for physical torture’!
It is true, that occasionally (for some most of the time) it can be hard to find fitness motivation, when you would rather do something/anything else.
Then it is time to remind yourself, that you do fitness, because
1) your body loves to move in all sorts of ways, 2) it is an easy uncomplicated method of getting into shape, 3) your mind, body and spirit benefit from it, 4) you are together with other exercisers and meet new people/friends/boy- or girlfriends and 5) when fitness becomes a habit and you know the ropes, fitness center workouts are exciting and diverse; the fitness centre becomes a motivating ‘playground for adults’.
Here is a list of some of the advantages for days, when you consider ‘should-I-workout-or-not-at-the-fitness-center-today-as-really-I-feel-I-am-too-busy (reads: not all that motivated)’:
F a n t a s t i c F e e l – g o o d F i t n e s s
Fitter and Firmer
- You tone your muscles.
- You strengthen your muscles and improve your posture.
- You improve your metabolism; it is easier to maintain your weight.
- You reduce your fat mass and your waistline.
- You increase energy consumption during and after workouts.
- You improve mobility.
- You improve agility and function for the everyday and sports.
- You become and look more energetic.
Healthier and happier
- You improve general fitness and wellness.
- You slow down age-related muscle fiber loss and maintain strength.
- You prevent or reduce neck- and backproblems.
- You prevent or reduce osteoarthritis and other joint problems.
- You strengthen your bones and prevent osteoporosis.
- You slow down aging of the brain and prevent dementia.
- You may lower your blood pressure.
- You reduce the risk of diabetes.
Inspiration for your fitness training workouts:
10 Super Tips: Get Much More Out Of Your Fitness Training